Friday, January 29, 2010

Thoughts prototypes based on my apple resume token for the ipad???



I just looked back at some emails to steve i sent in the year 2006 i think.
After that i got an email back grom steve and from the apple staffing section, where they asked me for a resume and worksamples. I sent them to apple.

Have a look at the email i sent to apple in 2006:


Now guess what i see, the ipads ebook reader interface (when you open up the book) looks exactly like the one i sent apple in 2006. This resume was a prototype which Thoughts is based on.

Have a look at this side by side screenshot:


I know that this is some kind of often used metaphor, and maybe these are just little details, but i thought it would be interesting to mention it and see what you think of it. As Andreas (the coding guy behind green&slimy) mentioned, as this is just a visualization of a real book, there woudln´t be that much possibilities of doing this. It just hit me when i first saw the ebook reader and let me think on thoughts:) So no offence on this:)

If Apple was inspired by prototypes of thoughts or not, i like the ebook reader interface, and i have highest respect of all the work gone into the iPad User interface design and workflow thinkings;)


cheers dietmar

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dietmar,

    maybe you need to be a professional designer or something, but I am absolutely unable to see any close similarities between the two. Sorry.

    Ralf

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, as much as I like your product, I really can't tell a difference. You might just want to get over it and be honored that if this is true, Apple would want to copy your minor details that you are pointing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see the resemblance. Your App is beautiful but it's not the prototype that Apple used to engaged iBooks.

    ReplyDelete